02 June 2005

Marla

So I came across this child artist from one of my other fellow blogger's sites. She rules! Usually, I'm really not down with the "child artist" thing where it looks like my dog (if I had one) could walk across a painting and do far better. But this chick's got something different. Call me crazy, but her art is amazing! I don't know of many kids who could do that. It's more than scribbling or smearing paint on a page. My favorite is "Asian Sun." $450.00 for that bad actor. I would buy it...really. "Spots" and "Jungle" are also favorites. Haven't yet found the piggy...I hope that as she gets older, she sticks to the abstract stuff. I can see shapes and attempts at stuff in her latest works ("Everyone's House"). I wonder if her style will change as she gets older and becomes more conscious of shapes, symmetry and stuff like that. Hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home